This is a Blog for friends to see at what we been up to

Wednesday 13 June 2018

June 2018

Trip report
June 11th Monday

Day 1
Packed and left home 7am...met Allan on the 9mile road ...stopped and had a quick chat...got to Lake Ratzcastle..11:30am..things have changed...bunting everywhere...new rainwater tank near shower end
Only one other there..I picked a spot to set up..only to have wind pick up and start to rain...so decided to go to Black Cockatoo Bush Camp..arrived at 2pm...just started setting up and it rained...set up and organised ..time to start dinner..
Well got heatbeads starter going put pot water on...let it boil..dropped in crivac dinner package..let it heat...20mins later lifted lid only to see the pack had burst and all food now boiled in water..what a mess.
Drained what I could and put it in a bowl was very hot.
Finished and storm hit...thunder and lightning all night..was in my bed 6:45pm



Day2

Was hard to sleep with lightning every few mins...I was up at 7am. desided..to skip breakfast and have a coffee...bloody heatbeads wouldn't light so I gave up trying after 75mins.

Its now 9:30am...I've had enough...has not stopped raining and everything is wet....packed up in a hurry..gazebo frame in its bag...rest just jammed into the car...11:30am and headed home.

Well what a horrid wet trip home...longest time to get home
4pm I got home..an hour later I had unpacked the car and relaxed

Day3
Spent most of the day sorting gear out...drying things and putting them in their proper bags....still trying to dry out the tent...stuff I took out of the caravan is now back in

Would I do this trip again? Sure just don't let it rain  👹

Ps...actually the stretcher bed and self inflating mattress were quite comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment